Wednesday, May 07, 2008

 

SkyQuestCom's Success Blog - In Conversation with Dave Rogers, "Asia's Leading Entrepreneur Coach"



Meet Dave Rogers, “ Asia ’s Leading Entrepreneur Coach”. Renowned as a skilled "dealmaker", Dave is an inspiring keynote speaker, author, and executive coach in the fields of personal development and peak performance. In this inspiring video, the recipient of the Singapore Spirit of Enterprise award for Entrepreneurship (2007) shares his experience, wisdom and insights into the challenges of coaching and becoming a successful entrepreneur.

(The following conversation is an excerpt from our video interview with Dave Rogers.)

SKYQUESTCOM: Today we are privileged to have with us Dave Rogers. Dave, could you tell us a little bit about yourself and what you do?

DAVE: Certainly. My name is Dave Rogers. I’m originally from Toronto , Canada . I’ve been living in Asia since 1986 with my first stint at the Royal Bank of Canada in Japan for 7 years. Then I changed careers and I became a bond trader and moved to Hong Kong where I traded Asian bonds for 5 years during the Asian crisis. I moved to Singapore in the year 1999 and I’ve been living in Singapore since then. I’m now an entrepreneur and entrepreneur coach and a speaker and author who has the incredible privilege and honour of travelling around the world, working with entrepreneurs, doing what I love to do. And that’s to inspire, coach, and make a difference.

SKYQUESTCOM: Dave, what are some of the things that have brought you to where you are today? What are some of those mindsets, beliefs, attitudes and actions that have brought you forward?

DAVE: One of the major things that I think has allowed me to be where I am right now, is the passion for learning. And the passion for learning from people who are living life, whatever that might be. I love learning; I love learning from young people, I love learning from seniors, I love learning from people. And I guess this passion for learning has allowed me to travel around the world and learn from the some of the top presenters and speakers in the world. And allowing myself to understand the importance of communication. The most important thing in communication is something called “Internal Communication”- that’s the communication I have with myself, and “External Communication”, which is the communication I have with other people. So having this passion for learning, looking for opportunities wherever I go has probably been the biggest key point of living the life of my dreams.

SKYQUESTCOM:
If I’m looking for a change in my life, are the words that I use important?

DAVE: Absolutely. Because we have patterns of words. We have patterns of beliefs. Often when I’m coaching someone, they’re not aware of the words they’re using! And that’s one of the greatest roles. And that’s one of the reasons why I love coaching so much because it’s about sharing some of these techniques that they can take back. They can use it on themselves, they can use it on the people who are in their workplace, who are in their family because they become much more sen siti ve, much more aware of the words. And words have a hypnotic effect on us.

In fact, many people use words and they’re not even aware they’re using words! They might be using dis-empowering words. So by having greater awareness of it and then being able to shift it, it can dramatically change the hypnotic effect. And if you think back, even when we were children, we took a course that taught us how to spell words called “Spelling”. Spells, think about it. Spells, words, putting yourself under a spell, well guess what? We sometimes put ourselves under spells- spells of empowerment, spells of dis-empowerment, spells of failure, fear. So it’s incredible when we take more responsibility for the spells that we’re weaving. And one of the things I love to do is create magic! The only time you can make magic is making magic with people. And being aware of our words can dramatically shift the spells and the magic that we’re able to create.

To discover more expert insights and answers to your FAQs about Entrepreneurship, visit http://learning.skyquestcom.com/ to watch a video clip of our interview with Dave Rogers.

With over 200,000 subscribers around the world, SkyQuestCom is Asia's largest multimedia e-learning company. SkyQuestCom offers online video seminars of the world's best personal development experts and business gurus including Anthony Robbins (Unleash The Power Within), Robert Kiyosaki (Rich Dad, Poor Dad), Brian Tracy (The Psychology of Selling), T. Harv Eker (Secrets of the Millionaire Mind), John Gray (Men Are From Mars, Women Are From Venus), Jay Abraham (Getting Everything You Can Out of All You've Got), Bill Gates (Microsoft), Warren Buffett (Forbes' "Richest Person in the World") and many more. To learn more about SkyQuestCom, visit http://learning.skyquestcom.com/.

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , ,


     
Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?